This is absolute insanity.
Authored by Matt Agorist via TheFreeThoughtProject.com brought to me by Tyler Durden
HR127, known as the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act introduced by Rep. Jackson Lee, Sheila [D-TX-18], is, without a doubt, the most tyrannical gun control bill ever proposed.
Like all gun control measures, this bill would hit the poor and minority communities the hardest. Its massive scope would also turn tens of millions of legal, law abiding gun owners into felons overnight.
As TFTP reported in December, before Joe Biden took office, his administration has major plans for eviscerating the Second Amendment. Biden has been an outspoken gun grabber and on his campaign website, he’s stated that he will use executive action to enforce gun control.
On the site, Biden states that he will use executive action to “get weapons of war off our streets.” Calling an AR-style weapon a “weapon of war” is laughable given the fact that Biden, under president Obama, aided in the wholesale slaughter of countless innocent civilians in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia — using actual “weapons of war” like drone strikes, hellfire missiles, and sanctions.
Nevertheless, the new boss — who is the same as the old boss, contrary to what many believe — is presiding over a Congress that will consider the most tyrannical gun control measures in the history of America, HR127.
Former vice presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party, Spike Cohen points out that “HR127 would be most heavily enforced against those with the least ability to defend themselves in court: the poor, and minorities. It will also make things much worse in marginalized communities, where only police and criminals will have guns.”
In a post to Facebook, Cohen narrowed down some of the bill’s most ominous points that would target every single gun owner in the country.
1. Firearms License required for any new gun purchases or ownership transfers.
- Licensee Must be 21, complete a 24 hour gun safety training course, and must undergo a psych evaluation.
- Multi-tier license. Individual license for ownership and display of “antique” firearm, standard firearm license, and “military style” license.
- Military license requires additional 24 hour safety course.
- Licensing is revoked immediately for anyone indicted of a crime in which the sentence lasts longer than 1 year.
This heavily discriminates against anyone who has ever seen a therapist or had to get mental health treatment, such as victims of abuse and people with depression, and veterans seeking care for PTSD. Depression and addiction are mentioned specifically as reasons for licensing denial.
Also, gun licensing is expensive, which makes ownership less accessible for those who need their own protection most.
2. Requires an $800 annual government insurance fee for all current and future gun owners, to be paid to the Attorney General EVERY YEAR.
There is no grandfather clause, meaning this applies to anyone that owns a gun at all, not just those who purchase a new firearm after this passes.
This fee will certainly go up each year. It’s yet another barrier for those in poverty to be able to defend themselves.
3. Mandatory Nationwide Firearms Registration & Database
- ALL firearms owned shall be registered under penalty of up to $150,000 and 15 years in prison.
- Serial, make, model, date, identity of owner, and the location of where the firearm will be stored to be collected and maintained in a database by the US Attorney General.
- Names and information of all those who may have access to the firearms shall be collected as well.
- This information to be accessible by state, local, and federal police, military, as well as state and local governments.
4. Ammunition and Magazine Bans
- Bans .50cal and larger ammunition outright.
- Bans all mags that hold more than 10 rounds
This ammo is mostly used for hunting and is rarely used against people. The most common handguns and rifles use magazines that exceed this arbitrary limit, which makes TENS OF MILLIONS of law-abiding gun owners felons overnight.
Illegal ownership of even a single round of banned ammo will result in up to $100,000 in fines AND 20 years in prison.
This bill was originally presented last year and reinvented this year with a whole new level of tyranny added to it both in the government and out of it. For example, the registration data will be made public. Given the cancel culture mass hysteria-inciting media frenzy as of late, this list could be used by big tech and woke cults to target their political rivals. They could seek out this data and use it to implement blacklists, social media bans, and any other number of ways the cancel culture attacks those with whom they disagree.
As we reported in December, many of these gun control measures are already on the president’s agenda, which go even further.
One of Biden’s most ominous moves in regard to controlling guns is his push for “smart gun technology” that will require biometrics to fire in an ostensible move to “prevent unauthorized use.” In reality, however, this paves the way for bad actors, including the state and hackers, to be able to control, hack, or essentially turn off your gun, making it a paperweight.
Biden also plans to pick up where Trump left off in regard to extreme risk laws, also called “red flag” laws. Under Biden’s plan, which is similar to the many plans implemented under Trump, family members or law enforcement officials will be able to make claims — many which involve no evidence — allowing a person’s guns to be temporarily taken until that person is declared fit enough to get them back.
This attacks on the Second Amendment must be resisted. Please consider calling your representative and peacefully telling them to oppose this bill.